4/16/2006

What's Lost is Found

My FAVORITE scripture to read this time each year is found in
John 20:11-16...

"But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping;
and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into
the sepulchre,
And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one
at the head, and the other at the feet, where the
body of Jesus had lain.
And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou?
She saith unto them, Because they have taken away
my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
And when she had thus said, she turned herself
back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it
was Jesus.
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou?
whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the
gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne
him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and
I will take him away.
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself,
and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."

Easter is the story of rebirth...of finding again that which is lost...of knowing that the Lord knows us each by name, and that we can always find Him close, in our midst, even when it appears that we have lost Him.

I am grateful for my Savior, and the many times He has found me...

5 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

There is a church video that depicts this so beautifully - is it Finding Faith in Christ? I think it might be. We had a nice Easter (stomach flu and all) and I hope your's was nice, too!

Lammy said...

Beautifully written. I love it. :)
BTW---I keep checking you every day (that doesn't mean I'm a stalker, does it?)
---if you are looking for something to write about.. I'd love to hear about your weirdness... so I tagged you! :)
c'mon over to see what I'm tagging you about! :)

Laura said...

Suzie..CANNOT WAIT to hear all the details about your marathon!! GO GO GO!!

Lammy..I'm going out of town, but TRUST ME...I OWN the word "weird." I will write when I get back!
(No, you're not a stalker...It feels good to be wanted!)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That scripture is so beautiful. I love that too. I love this time of year and the newness that is all around. Some people think Mary Magdalene was really the wife of Jesus. I would love for this to be a topic of discussion sometime. what do you think? Is this question too Controversial? I'll tell you what I think if you tell me what you think!

Amy Lynn said...

I love that our friendship started with me learning from you as a great teacher and spiritual guide! You are so amazing! Happy, happy Easter my dear friend!