8/03/2006

Are you talking to me?!


I'm not THAT old (people guess my age as 5-10 years younger than I actually am)...I'm fairly nice-looking...I'm stylish...I can hold my own against the "younger generation"...So why do I CRINGE each and every time the following phrases are being addressed, to ME!?
"Can I help you Ma'am?"

"Have a nice day, Ma'am."

"Thanks, Ma'am."

I do not want to be (as the dictionary defines)
"n : a woman of refinement..."

I never thought I'd be out of the "Miss-es" and becoming a "Ma'am..."

Crap!




4 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Um Ma'am.

*smirk*

Laura said...

What?! Where?! ME?!

LOL!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I agree!!!Except I do have my children say "yes mam" when I ask them to do something for me! Other than that, it makes me feel old, unattractive and feeble! ARGGGGG!

Suzie Petunia said...

Just keep reminding yourself of the marriage proposal in the grocery store line, you young, hip chica!