1/12/2007

Beginnings of the New Year thru Webster


Welcome to my world!!


Here are some of the highlights of the past week...

uterine: u·ter·ine -adj.

1. Of, relating to, or in the region of the uterus: the uterine canal; uterine contractions.
2. Having the same mother but different fathers.
3. Being enclosed and dark; womblike.

ablation: ab·la·tion –noun
1. the removal, esp. of organs, abnormal growths, or harmful substances, from the body by
mechanical means, as by surgery.
2. the reduction in volume of glacial ice, snow, or névé by the combined processes of melting,
evaporation, and calving. Compare alimentation (def. 3).
3. Aerospace. erosion of the protective outer surface (ablator) of a spacecraft or missile due
to the aerodynamic heating caused by travel at hypersonic speed during reentry through the
atmosphere.

Per·co·cet: trademark
Function: used for a preparation of acetaminophen and the hydrochloride of oxycodone

depression: de·pres·sion –noun
1. the act of depressing.
2. the state of being depressed.
3. a depressed or sunken place or part; an area lower than the surrounding surface.
4. sadness; gloom; dejection.
5. Psychiatry. a condition of general emotional dejection and withdrawal; sadness greater
and more prolonged than that warranted by any objective reason. Compare clinical depression.
6. dullness or inactivity, as of trade.
7. Economics. a period during which business, employment, and stock-market values decline
severely or remain at a very low level of activity.
8. the Depression. Great Depression.
9. Pathology. a low state of vital powers or functional activity.
10. Astronomy. the angular distance of a celestial body below the horizon; negative altitude.
11. Surveying. the angle between the line from an observer or instrument to an object below
either of them and a horizontal line.
12. Physical Geography. an area completely or mostly surrounded by higher land, ordinarily
having interior drainage and not conforming to the valley of a single stream.
13. Meteorology. an area of low atmospheric pressure.

goal: (—Synonyms) 1. target; purpose, object, objective, intent, intention. 2. finish.


My New Year’s goal is not to have my body defeat me!! I will run, laugh, and be joyous again, and flip-off all that try to stop me!! (I wish I could say that last part was the percocet talking...but language is NOT on the list this year...)

To all of you who feel life can get insurmountable, and that things will never change, this goal is dedicated to you, to me, and to anyone who struggles! I pray we all grow from our trials, and that through them, grow into the people we cannot even begin to think we are!

3 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! You will overcome!!! I am so proud of you for even WANTING to try.

I know when you feel like giving up, when your body refuses to cooperate, when your house is a mess, your out of money, you feel ugly and life feels dark all the time,.....

To have the BALLS to flip off old man ugly means you are on your way back!

I am praying for you every day. I think about you constantly! Just keep going.

I wondered what would keep you away for so long. Surgery is so draining.

Remember there are angels around you rooting for you! May they surround your house and keep you safe until you are fully recovered.
If you are lucky, maybe you'll get a glimps (sp?) of their beautiful, hard bodies!

Lisa M. said...

Great Goals.

You certainly included me-

Ugg.

*HUGS*

S'mee said...

It's good to angry at the right things. Motivation is a powerful tool!

Yo,girl, I check this blog like daily. Why? Because you are awesome and I don't even know you. I love you, but I don't know you. Hey! You have a staulker! But in a good way.
: >

Go ahead and flip off whomever you deem necessary. We're all behind you.

hugs.