3/16/2007

I'm not SAD anymore!

Among the MANY medical and chemical anomalies I own, I can add another to my list...SAD...or..."Seasonal Affective Disorder"...Basically, I'm "bluer" in the dark winter months, than I am in the "sunnier" spring and summer. I've always thought this might be an issue with me, but since the time change, and the nicer weather, it is VERY apparent that this belongs to me!

Some of the reasons I am not SAD anymore:

1) The morning light does not make me nauseated.
2) I am dressed ( with hair and makeup ) before I have to think about what I am making for dinner.
3) My laundry gets done...Although folding is still optional...
4) I answer my phone.
5) My kids aren't constantly telling me that "they hope I feel better, soon..."
6) I don't re-play things I did in my mind a million times to see how I "should of" done it"...Now it's only a thousand times...
7) I have energy not related to Sonic Diet-Vanilla Coke and Excedrin..,
8) Sex is a good thing.
9)I don't cry at commercials (as much...) or at nothing at all...
10)I "see" more of the many blessings I have.

It also makes me happy that I don't live in Alaska, or I would be totally screwed! Plus, there are too many CUTE spring SHOES out there to be depressed!

Now...I heard that we are supposedly going to get snow next week...after the past two weeks of flip-flop paradise...

(We all know what I will be fasting for on Sunday...)




7 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Your post could have been about me! I have SAD too. I just BLOSSOM in the spring.

I can totally feel for you with the body thing. I feel betrayed with mine.

The secret is to lay out A LOT!!!

Punk said...

Well, I am glad I am not the only one who would rather hibernate than face the winter blues!! I too, am so glad that spring is here. I have been drinking up the sun, as much as possible, and I have noticed such a difference!! I am happy that you are willing to talk about your "issue" with us!!

Laura said...

Yes...During the winter months I will be hanging out in "the tunnel..."

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

hey girl, I have a question. Did your uncle who used the alkaline diet do cancer treatments too? I'm wondering if I ever found out I had cancer, would the diet itself do the trick or should I do chemo too etc...

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I mean father in law. Sorry!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Thank you! That is all I wanted to know. That must have taken a lot of faith on his part to try.

We are so conditioned no a days to trust only in modern medicine. I love modern medicine and I do believe it is inspired, all the progress that has been made in the last 100 years, but I also believe that in certain cases, it's good to use natural means too. Like your father in law did.

Have a great day darlin'!!!

Lisa M. said...

*Laughing*

I too love this weather, the sun is out and it is just beautiful.

I don't always realize when I am SAD, but it is there, I think.

We're blessed, that Mother Nature, does in fact decide to move her furniture around every once and a while and gives us different seasons, to time our lives by.