4/26/2007

A Long Time Coming...

It has been MANY years, and a few catastrophies later, that I can utter the words I am going to share with you now...

"I am in a good place, and I feel joy."

I am indeed, blessed beyond belief. It has just been the past few days that I have this innate sense of happiness...Of being able to see ALL the details in their glory. The fact that I can get out of bed, without any darkness enfolding me...The way my children make me feel...The fact that I have started running again...The beauty of the changing seasons, letting me know that spring and summer are on their way...The excitement of a pending move, a new beginning, and a new home...The excitement of seeing that "dream" home begin it's early development...The joy I shared with a friend who FINALLY had her baby girl, after 5 boys...The way I feel when I think of my Savior...The joy I feel in laughter...The happiness a Sonic, Diet-Chocolate-Coke brings me...The love I feel when I catch my husband looking at me...The richness of good conversations with friends...How my toes sparkle after a pedicure...The fresh smell of cut grass...

JOY!!

"There must needs be opposition in all things..." I can give firm testimony of opposition...There have been times in my life, and trials in my life, that I NEVER imagined I would actually have to deal with... Things so heartbreaking, so repulsive, so controlling, so wrong, that until you experience them, you cannot even fathom them. I would often pray to God that He would PLEASE stop giving me trials, and give me "a little joy!" That I was not up for such challenges, and needed peace, and quietude...

"There must needs be opposition in all things..."

I am joyful today, because of the life I have lived. I am joyful, for the life I have yet to live. I am joyful for opposition, because joy remedies the heart and soul.

I know that this "utopia" will perhaps fade...That there are other trials and struggles a head...But I needed to take note...to testify in writing to myself...That joy always finds a way...Perhaps not in our perfect time, or way...But eventually...returns and makes us whole.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great post! I am very happy for you and hope that the joy lasts. Even in down times, we can still look around and find the joy. You explain it so well.

S'mee said...

Ahh this is great! I am happy with you!!! This would be a great post to copy and have someplace safe to reread for those times when we forget just how good we do have it. You teach a wonderful thing here, wonderful.

Lisa M. said...

You're beautiful-

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, I am happy you are happy!!

Laura said...

Joy = A new post by Suzie...Yeah!!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

what a beautiful post. I am sorry I haven't been by for a few days.

I know what you mean. I think spring time tends to lend a little more joy to life.

It reminds us that the dark days of winter are numbered.

I am so glad you are feeling better my friend. I really miss you.

I hope your day is sunny and beautiful!

I love you!