4/11/2007

Thank you, Chronicler

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world."
-- Marianne Williamson


I saw this on Chronicler's blog (now on my "destinations...) and had to have it on mine...

Have a glorious day!

4 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

This has always been one of my favorites.

I believe it is so true. we are so afraid of our divine selves. It goes along with that old adage of "where much is given, much is required".

I think THAT is what is scary.

Robyn said...

Thanks Yolanda! I think it embodies how fragile we all really are. We are some of the neatest people in the world, yet listen to the negative voices of our elementary school teachers who said we weren't doing something right.

I try to keep this quote in the forefront of my mind and it helps make me bold.

Lisa M. said...

She changes that quote from time to time, and they are always filled with wisdom, as is she-


And being bold, may we ALL have the courage.

You've been on my mind, Yo-Yo. Hope all is going well.

Laura said...

I'm glad your mind is working, because I am just about OUT of MINE!!

Nothing too out of sorts, just a lot going on!! Trying to keep my house tidy is not a strong-point for me, so that, along with just "life," makes for busy days.

xo Your "Yo-Yo"