4/03/2007

"These are a few of my Favorite things..."


Forget "raindrops on roses" and "whiskers on kittens..." (although a "bright copper kettle" would look really cool as an accent piece...)

We are in the process of finalizing our home to be put up for sale, on Easter weekend!! Yeah!! This would not of been possible without my new "Favorite things..."

1) POD storage...They bring it...You load it (and take as long as you like)...They pick it up...They store it...They bring it to you, at your final destination! This is where we put all of the things we will bring to the new house, that I won't have to deal with during our rental months... I almost cried when they dropped it off!! It was indeed, a thing of beauty!!

2) Lawn and Leaf, extra large, garbage bags...You don't TRULY realize how much you have in your home that you REALLY don't need, until you are moving...I was tempted to just put up the sign and have it say, "For Sale--As Is---Keep it ALL!"

3) A new kitchen countertop--OOOOOO!!!--- a beautiful, new, stainless-steel sink with the cool "pull-out" faucet in stainless steel with soap dispenser, and a bright new oven...Everything is all clean, smooth, and pretty!

4) Brother Ventura...The man responsible for supervising my husband putting in the new countertop and sink!! LOVE him!!

5) New oven-unit trays, and covers...It makes my eyes water with excitement!

6) Clorox, Disinfecting Kitchen Cleaner, in "crisp citrus." This stuff is GREAT!! It cleans really well, and leaves a nice scent.

7) CRL. This is the ONLY thing that got EVERYTHING clean in our tub and shower...SPARKLING!!

8) The look and smell of freshly cleaned carpets, where you cannot tell where the "high traffic areas" use to be!

9) The "CLEANSED" feeling you have, when you have only your essentials left to take care of..."Simplification" is definitely the way to go! You just feel, lighter!

10) The anticipation of putting up the "For Sale by Owner" sign...I'm giddy already!!

We've been in our home for 10 years, and we've simply out-grown it. It holds alot of memories, and has showcased many "styles." I hope some cute family will see our wonderful home, on its 1/2 acre of enjoyment, and jump at the chance to begin their memories in this home, as we will begin new memories in our new home (with some "limbo" memories of renting!)

Anyone for a chorus of "Edelweiss?!"

3 comments:

S'mee said...

oh I am so excited with you! I love the thought of change, this is going to be so great for you all.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Congratulations! I love the feeling of clean and new!

I'll do "edelweiss" with you! I'll even bring my guitar!

I want to see pictures!

Lisa M. said...

It is good to know you are not DEAD.

Goodness.

Yup, edelweiss.

*smile*

Miss you-