2/11/2008

Deer in the headlights


So...1st counselor in the Stake Young Women Presidency...Called at 7:30am...Sustained at 9:00am...A morning of explaining to fellow ward members that I REALLY did not know until 7:30am that morning of my calling...Calling my YW president, who also did not know of my calling until that moment when I called her...Coming home to a phone message from my sister (who is in my Stake) saying, "Soooo....Is there something you want to tell me?!"...Going to my first Stake Youth Council and getting right into planning the upcoming Talent Show happening in two weeks...looking at a calendar that had all these meetings with all these acronyms that I did not understand...Youth Conference and 300 youth...Counting my blessings that Girls camp was at a ward level this year...Having the Stake Presidency look at me and say, "So, are you the one speaking in the Ward Conference, next week?"...Did I mention meetings?...

Yup...that is me...Deer in the headlights...!

6 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

WOW... you are just ment to be with the youth! You are awesome with them! Good luck with all the meetings!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Wow! That is what choosing the right gets you! That is why I choose the other way! lol

It is called the refining fire! Enjoy it!

I will be praying for you!

Robyn said...

Totally awesome! The YW are very lucky! You will be great in this calling.

S'mee said...

lol, sorry don't mean to laugh, but yeah, meetings! And not to totally bug you but I am in the stake RS and frankly, I look at what the Stake YW have to do and thank my lucky stars!

Next week we'll see a new blog:

Skates of Yolanda!

Laura said...

I've actually thought of taking up roller-blading again, or training for a marathon...LOL!

Lammy said...

Oh.My.Sweet.cracker.Sandwhich!
Yikes.
Joy and Yikes.

You'll be great!
Hugs!