3/14/2008

Staying on Budget...


Since paying off all our debt, I've been trying really hard to stay on a budget...and it's been going okay...Until I saw this...I want it...I NEED it to be in my library...

Do you know how many times I have had it in the shopping cart to check out? Do you ever do that? Just load up your shopping cart like you have all the money in the world? Then, when the "high" wears off, (or you see the total at the bottom) you simply delete...no harm done?!

The sad thing is, the price is really good...So I have the inner battle of "you are saving SO MUCH MONEY/You are getting a GREAT deal" verses "Wait...If you are meant to have it, it will be there in 2 weeks..." I'm having everyone over for Easter Lunch that Sunday...so I WANT to have it by then...All pretty and perfect...

So I continue to "pretend shop," over and over, and see if my luck will hold out! (I hate being on budget...)

6 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

It is beautiful!... I would love to see your house! I have done that a couple times at Target. I put it in my cart then at the last minute put it back.

Laura said...

When are you coming to visit this summer? COME SEE US!!!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Just get it! Get your fix! lol

It's only money! You can make more!

Plus, seriously speaking, you have been through a lot in the last few months and have held up remarkably well. You get yourself that present. It will be something you enjoy for years to come.

Unknown said...

You know, something that I always think about is, we spend about fifty bucks a week, for dinner out.

Yet, I have debated and debated about paint for my living room.

What the hell is that?

*sigh*

I think I just swore on your blog!

Melissa C, made me do it! I promise!

Robyn said...

Oh I love it. It would look good in a dining room! Bit wow staying on that budget is good too!

Amy Lynn said...

Budget? What an ugly, harsh word. I hate budgets. I don't know what to tell you because I've had 2 duvet covers from Pottery Barn Kids in my virtual "shopping cart" for over a month now and my finger hovers dangerously close to that "checkout" button and I chicken out every time. I just imagine my 2 boys throwing up on $70.00 a piece duvet covers. But a rug my friend is a WHOLE other thing. And I'm so, so, so happy your husband gave it to you. They all truly lived happily ever after!