7/08/2008

Christmas in July!

My mom has been fighting breast cancer for the past year...Nasty chem0, radiation, depression, three wigs, no eye-lashes...She has been amazing! We knew we would be getting together for the fourth, so my sister and I planned a surprise for her--Christmas in July--since this past Christmas she was so sick...

I should have pictures soon...but until then...picture this: We used quilting filler for snow on the front porch, put up all the trees and Christmas lights, paved the way with red wrapping paper, and had all the grand-kids sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" as she walked up the stairs...It was AWESOME!! We ate Christmas-shaped-sugar-cookies, and gave her Christmas presents...It truly felt like Christmas (except when you stepped outside and it was 90 degrees!!)

Pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is SOOOO cool! I am so glad you thought of it! How did it go for your mom? DId she cry? I'm sure she loved it!

S'mee said...

Wow. This is fantastic. So cool. I am very excited to hear more and to see all the photos!

oh, and Happy New Year!

Trish said...

This has to be one of the coolest things I've heard in a very long time!
Awesome!!

Amy Lynn said...

You are so wonderful! What an incredibly fun idea. I love that you always think of great things and make people so HAPPY! It is one of my favorite things about you.