8/13/2008

Wyoming

I am off to Wyoming early tomorrow morning...The Stake Presidency and YW and YM Presidencies are going on a pre-pre-pre-Trek visit (I say "pre" because we don't have trek until August of 2010!) I have never been to Martin's Cove, Sixth Crossing, and other sites...but I am planning on stopping by Costco to get an ample supply of toilet paper, for what I'm sure will be an emotional and very spiritual experience!

I am a direct descendant of George Q. Cannon...he was among those who traveled with Brigham Young...and when they reached the Salt Lake Valley, he was asked to keep going, and founded what we know as St. George...Can you imagine thinking "Wow, we finally got here!!" only to be told to continue on?! The amazing amount of faith and love our pioneers had!!

At first I was less than happy that I had to go...with school starting, my oldest in Jr. High, my youngest in Kindergarten, I felt very torn...But I had a session in the temple that told me in very unmistakable terms that I needed to go...(dang!! When the Lord lays it out for you, that you cannot deny something, you go!)

So I'm off at 6am (which might as well be 4am for me!!) in a 10 passenger van with my fellow Stake cohorts...it should be a very colorful, hilarious, spiritual, and overwhelming trip!

"Come, Come ye Saints...No toil nor labor fear... But with joy...wend your way..."

8 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

WOw I hear that it is such a neat experience! Have fun!

Charlotte said...

I found you through Melissa's blog. She and I were roommates at college years and years ago.

Anyway, this sounds like fun, if a lot of work.

I'm a direct descendent of George Q. Cannon as well, so I suppose we're cousins.

:)

Laura said...

George is my uncle...I'm through his brother's line David...My mom's dad is a Cannon...

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I wish I were going with you! It sounds like so much fun to me! I love that sort of thing!

I'm glad Charlotte found you. I love her and I love you and I'm glad she stopped by.

Have a good time and see you when you get back!

S'mee said...

holy cow Yolanda! Thor is a direct descendant of David, his gramma is a Cannon, and also has a direct line through to the Taylors!

S'mee said...

oh and our Bishop? He's George Q. the 3rd!

Lisa M. said...

I really hope you enjoyed it. There is a spirit there, that is indescribable.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic! You rock girlfriend!! I can't believe that Ky is starting JR HIGH. Am I that old?