5/15/2009

May moment

Today I woke up with a slight "tickle" in my throat. So, I decided to call in sick. This has "NOTHING" to do with the fact that my house looks like a bomb hit it, my cupboards are empty and in need of a trip to the grocery, laundry is beyond piles, and my husband has been out of town, all the while trying to juggle teaching, kids, calling and LIFE!

The highlight of the week was definitely Thursday, when my cute niece cut and colored my hair. I asked her to make me look like Sienna Miller (short hair version). I think she did a wonderful job! (see Stephanie Scissor-Hands). Nothing like a great hair day to lift your spirits!!

I have made a personal quest to get more fit. I want to look in the mirror and say, "Hey, not bad!" I have a weird sense of myself, in that what I THINK I look like, and what I ACTUALLY look like are completely different. Does that make any sense? I have a pretty good sense of self, and style, but there are times when I look in the mirror and don't recognize the person I'm looking at. That is going to change. I am being more cognitive of my eating behaviors, my exercise, and my overall lifestyle. I have recently joined a WONDERFUL business, who just so happens to have a system to help you get on track with your weight and balancing your body. I want to "have a testimony" of it before I share. So far, I have lost 4 pounds in a fairly short amount of time, and feel wonderful and excited. More details will come!!

My kids continue to amaze me. I am truly blessed, even when I feel like I am the ring-master of a three-ring-circus! My husband is amazing, and shows his love for me by his constant diligence in trying to make our life wonderful. He works extremely hard, and gives very freely of his service and time to others. I love how he is always affectionate and loving to me, and sees what I often cannot see in myself.

I get to have book club at my house this month. I am SO EXCITED!! I have not been able to attend the past couple of them, so it feels like AGES since I have seen this special group of friends. It is so much more than a book club, it's truly unconditional love (and therapy!) at its best!!

School is almost done. Summer is almost here. Camp planning is in full swing. My mom will get her reconstructive surgery from her breast cancer soon. Life continues to move on.

In my last post I made mention of Jung's quote: "The brighter the light, the darker the shadow." My goal? To make sure that I always have "light" in at least one aspect of my life each day, to avoid the "darkness" that can inevitably creep in if we aren't careful.

It is in the everyday things we do that our Savior will come to us. Like the woman at the well. She was getting water, which I imagine she did many times each day. Whether it's at work, while folding laundry, changing diapers, making dinner, or carpooling kids, the Savior will come to us and give us inspiration and guidance. We need to be prepared and receptive enough to receive the "light" He has to offer. (thanks Jamie for the scripture/thought!)


4 comments:

Whitney said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on, but it all seems pretty good. I get the whole what you thing you look like and what you really look like. I have a moment last week when I saw my nose and it was so new and different looking then I thought it was. Crazy stuff.

Steph said...

I'm glad your hair made you feel better! I love our hair moments together. Our chats always lift my spirits! You are one hot mama!

Grammy Cindy said...

You are totally amazing! I'm glad we are family!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I LOVE the new look! Very chic, and I know what you mean about how you look in the mirror and don't recognize the stranger looking back.

AND you have to share with my your new weight loss stuff! I could use all the help I can get!! lol

SOOOOO good to see you write. I've really missed you.

Hope things are going well. I love you.