6/26/2009

Mom's new Mams.....


My mom had her final surgery for breast cancer...the big (well, two big!) breast reconstruction! She was a trooper! And when all was said and done, she looked....NORMAL! Her small, petite, skinny frame was not now top-sided...she looked whole....complete...which I believe is what plastic surgery is truly all about. She was so worried, humble, and anxious as she began this new phase of her new body, and life. She teared up as she said, "I hope this is the last piece of the journey."

Me, too.

Love you, Mom!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I hope this is the end to her journey as well! I love that picture of your mom she is so beautiful!

Amanda said...

That is fabulous! She looks great!

S'mee said...

Aren't you the lucky one who gets to look like this when you get a bit older...wow, what a beauty!

S-i-l also went through this double bubble trouble. Now a few years later she is excited that she no longer has to wear a bra. Instead hr new "Barbie Boobs" look fabulous all the time.

We're all a bit jealous. We wish we could walk through such fire as these women of grace and strength and come out with such peace and wisdom. Amazing.

Grammy Cindy said...

Give her my love! She looks awesome!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is fantastic and congratulations!

Every moment is precious. Soak up every experience you can because truth be told, we are all heading to that never never land whether we go when we're old or young.

Sure miss you.

Trish said...

The thought of coming close to losing my mom, I can't even fathom.
She looks beautiful, congrats to you and her!

kacy faulconer said...

Your mom is beautiful. I wish her well!