9/27/2009

The Taj Mahal and Ella

The above is a picture (thank you, Simon) of what I probably looked like when my daughter told me she had to make a model (at least a foot tall) of the TAJ MAHAL....

THIS, is the Taj Mahal...
Too many swear words and a lot of sweat and tears later, Ella (she didn't swear) and I finished the framework...(the teacher said this could be a "bonding" experience....yeah...)
We had to buy an additional board, because the model was too big for just one....
post wood details...
pre-white paint application...
The delicate art of styro-foam placement...
The gold details...
Doorway details...
This is how much four rolls of paper towels look, after taking away the center pieces for towers...
And...
We...
Are...
Finished!! Ella did a great job, and I did not go crazy!!

6 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

Wow! someone could live in there!.... Beautiful work Ella

Grammy Cindy said...

WOW!! Amazing! When I need a project done well I now know who to come to for assistance. Ella you Rock!

Steph said...

That is amazing! I bet it took a lot of long hours but it looks like it totally paid off great job Ella!

Whitney said...

Wow that's really cool! Good job Ella! and Laura. I remember how much my mom helped me on school projects. I can wait for those days to come with my kids. There are always stressful moments but awesome you got it done without to much grief.

Amy Lynn said...

That is one fabulous project! The problem with having creative parents is that there are no small, simple projects. But look at what you can make! Wow! (The next problem arises when they bring the thing back home and you know what went into building it so it isn't going in the trash but where do you display it???)

Laura said...

Not so much parents as one creative KID!! Ella new exactly what she wanted--and OF COURSE, would not skimp on size, or content....As for the aftermath, we were thinking table center-piece (too big) lamp shade (too big) display on top of our family room entertainment center? Just right!