2/07/2006

Counting Sheep

Yes...It's way into the hours of the wee morning, and I CANNOT go to sleep! I get these occasional boughts of insomnia, where my mind CANNOT turn off! I get into a groove of re-hashing, re-thinking, re-analyzing, and re-playing EVERYTHING I have done during the day...and often times...things I have done in my past...last week, last month, last year, two decades ago?! Then, of course, comes the fear that the hours are ticking away, and that I will not fall asleep in time to even PRETEND that I got ANY sleep before the alarm goes off beside my bed.

I have tried EVERYTHING...and I don't know what makes these episodes come to past...Sheep, baths, books, aromatherapy, fans, white noise, Xanax, back-rubs from my ever-so-supportive (and half-asleep) husband...Nothing has allowed me to "turn off" my over-stimulated mind!

So, I leave you all to your dreams (hopefully, no nightmares), your solitude, your cozy quilts and snoring spouses, as I sit and pray for sleep to find me...hopefully...before I decide to go and browse Zappos.com for my next pair of "dreamy" shoes!!

(Today's shoes--technically yesterday's shoes--- were a black, high-heeled, mary-jane, "new-wave," 3 inch wedge (think sleek and elegant wedge, not chunky doc-marten heel). Surprisingly very comfy...but not enough to bring about any relaxation- inducing sleep!)

3 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

I'm glad you are back. And now I am going to Zappos.com. Thanks for the inspiration.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You poor thing. It happens to me sometimes too. Unfortunately my computer is in my room and the hubby doesn't really like me to turn the computer on then. Sometimes i just get into a hot bath and read a good book and then take a nap during the day. Embrace the night. "What you resist, persists" I don't know if that helps. Love you!

Laura said...

SO GLAD you are back!! (smile!)