2/02/2006

Look out Hollywood...

Today my family and I got asked to be in an LDS church video (they must of heard of how talented my son is! Hee hee. Really, there is a casting contact in our ward who called me). We went to the church's filming studio, and brought our "wardrobe" pieces (which I stayed up until 1 am washing) and "colgate" smiles. Of course we ran 30 minutes late...come on...I have a hard time getting the kids (and a husband) ready for just church each Sunday, let alone bringing SIX different outfits per family member!

The people at the studio were all very nice. The kids felt like they had "arrived," and were treated like ultimate stars! After we had settled in, and had been given our "motivation," we began filming...and filming...and filming...The first hour or so was great, and the kids did a great job (Even our youngest, who I had warned the casting contact about prior to our accepting the job!) Then came the second to third hour...

We were suppose to have looks of joy and "family fun" on our faces, but after the "up-teenth" time of shooting the same shot, my kids realized that acting maybe wasn't all it was cracked up to be. God bless 'em...They just acted their liitle hearts out! (This is when the "snack" table came in handy, with every kind of chocolate, donut, treat, candy, fruit, drink and FRUIT SNACK (life-saver!) known to mankind!) My naturally "theatrical" son was so serious about portraying the right "mood" that it almost worked against him in that some of the shots were overtly conveyed, and needed to be re-shot (more than once!)

All in all, it was a fun experience to have as a family. The kids (and who am I kidding, myself included) got their 15 minutes of fame, were also able to skip the first part of school, and then have a fun lunch together as a family. I also have a new found amazement for parents who support their children's desire to be a star...Look out Hollywood...I think we are going to stick to Disneyland!!

Shoes of the day? A camel-colored, faux leather, beaded and jewled, slip-on loafer...Very comfy, and were the first shoes I put on to go to the studio, which ended up being the shoes I filmed in at the studio, despite me bringing a whole bag of other shoes to the studio with me!! Just trying to be prepared...as well as drive my husband MAD trying to find the matches to said shoes, in my messy closet!

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a good memory for your family!
You are like me! I love shoes, although lately I wear the same pair of clogs everyday that I have for the past 3 years! Is that sick or what? I just can't find any that are as compfy!