3/21/2006

Joseph and Technicolor Poop

Well...The title really does say it all! I gave my lesson on Sunday, where it ended with Joseph saving his family from the famine....Transition to my home, where we move to the land of plenty...plenty of POOP that is.

Yes folks...It is potty-training time here, and it's not just in its literal sense.

My son is not quite catching on to the concept of going #2...and I lost track of how many cute "Thomas the Train" and "Spiderman" underwear were lost to large, smeared loads of "material" being left behind...no "pun" intended...well, maybe a little...

On one of these special occasions, after my son had told me to "go away," and had "the look" on his face (you all know "the look..." it's the one the precedes "the load..") I proceeded to explain the requisite "Remember...poop goes in the potty..." when I notice COLOR... It was a vivid, turquoise color, with cool green "marbled" swirls in it. It would almost be classified as a "pretty" color, except when you realize what you are looking at...which would be a pair of size 3 underwear FILLED with this color "swatch." (Note: Too many fruit snacks produce beautiful "technicolor" substances!)

Well...I must be a "crappy" mom, because I gave up! When the s*** hits the fan... (again, and again, and again...) there's only one thing to do...Make "Monkey Poop"

(also called No-Bake Cookies)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup mild
3 1/2 cups quick oats (3 cups of using regular oatmeal)
1 tsp vanilla

Boil butter, sugar, milk and cocoa for 3 minutes. Add oats and 1 tsp vanilla. Spoon onto wax paper. Let cool. (Gross looking, but highly addictive!)

With all feces being produced around here, you might think that I was working on a "poop-deck," and need to be wearing rubber-boots as my shoes of the day. But since I don't own a pair of rubber-boots (yes, yes...a pair of shoes I don't own...) I wore my stacked-heel Mary-janes...Comfortable, and a little fiesty, to combat my "fecal-offender!!

Thanks for letting me "unload."

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Very "colorful" story! Sound like fun! I'll be there in a few months! I bought another pair of shoes from zappos! My husband thinks you are a bad influence on me!

Laura said...

Hey...I'm just a "messenger" of shoe info...I do not hold the charge card! LOL