5/31/2006

Lisa's Letter "S"




Some of my favorite "S" words
(my deliquent post to Lisa :) )


1) SHOES (duh!) Stilletos, slip-ons, sling-backs,sneakers, sandals,strappies,stacked-heel,slippers (smile)
2) Strength: This is not necessarily physcical strength, but moral, emotional, or integral. Who is truly stronger--A finely tuned athelete/weight-lifter, or a Halocaust/Rwanda survivor? Those who bike in marathons, or the Pioneers who trecked across the country? The person who gives the "acceptable" answer, or the one who gives the "morally" right one?
3) Stewardship: I love the many facets of this word. Some things in life we are given automatic and unquestioning stewardship of (children, family, callings, humanity, etc). Other things we choose to have stewardship of (actions, choices, testimony, humanity).
4) Siblings: I am oldest of three girls and one boy...and I am fiercely loyal and protective of them! If someone attacks/hurts/deceives/loses a kidney,...BEWARE!
5) Sleeping! This is self-explainatory if you are a mom, have night-time anxiety, or have a nice pillow-top mattress! (All of the above apply to me!)
6) Sarah Jessica Parker Perfume: I don't know about her SITC show, but her perfume is delicate, simple, and sublime. It's my new "signature scent."
7) Sphinx: One of my FAVORITE topics/art/study is that of Egyptian and Mesopotamian art. The culture, history, myth, art, and archeological manifestations are fascinating to me! I always tell people my idea of a dream vacation would be to go on an archeological dig in Egypt!
8) Sarcasm: I have learned to deal with certain aspects of life in a non-confrontational way (SO against my natural "brutally honest" approach)...This is the closest thing I have found to somewhat accomplish that. I love sarcastic humor, as well.
9) Silence: Sometimes, the silence can give you calm, answers, rejuvenation, strength, love, appreciation, reflection...Have you ever notice that those you can share silence with, are those you feel most comfortable/safe with?
10) Smiles: What a subtle, small gesture that can evoke so many emotions and meanings: joy, understanding, condolences, betrayal, happiness, secrets, pride, gratitude, sincerety (or lack of)...What one gesture can lift you from despair? I love the power of smiles between strangers... when that is all you know of someone.
Bonus) The "sun" shinning on my shoulder!

4 comments:

S'mee said...

cool list! I remember the days when I had more shoes than, well, most people I know...and purses. those days are gone, but I stay warm in the memories! ; )

Lisa M. said...

This is a great list! Stewardship is a not so often heard word anymore, and that is a shame.

There is NOTHING... better than a smile and sunshine!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Wonderful post! I love the letter "S" too. I love all those same works! You are so inspired! I feel like I am reading my own blog when I read yours. You totally get me! I love that! Have a fab day!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Where are you? You are worse than me! I miss you girl! Hope everything is ok. love me!