9/06/2006

My Name is Yolanda...and I Don't Blog Enough...

It's funny how life is going along, and you are busy, even frantic at times,.. and as I think about all that is happening in my life, and the world around me, when I want to write a new post....BLANK!! For those of you who know me in person, I NEVER run out of things to talk about, and I have opinions on EVERYTHING...So why is it I get "writer's block" nearly every time I sit down to write?

So...My thanks to Melissa for the tag!! Now I have something to blog about!

1) How often do you blog? I usually check my blog everyday, and shed a tear when I cannot break past the number 5 on my comments...LOL. Then I check my "favs"....in no particular order...Melissa-Lisa-Amy-Suzie-Kacy-Sarah...along with many others I find along the way.

2) Alias: Yolanda

3) Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Isn't that what we do when we blog?

4) What do you do when you are bored? "Window Shop" online and see how much the total would be if I had unlimited funds...sigh...then empty basket.

5) What bathing, what do you wash first? My face. I have this OCD thing where I want the "freshest" water to clean my face...odd?

6) Have you ever been up for 48 hours straight? Prom night...College finals....Girls Camp....Labor....Anxiety....Just a few!

7) What color looks best on you? Black...turquiose...pink...dark brown...

8) Favorite drink? "Matcha Green Tea Blast" at Jamba Juice...with protein and an energy boost!

9) Do you believe in a Heaven and Hell as a real place that each of us will go to after death? Whatever we have created here, is where we will end up in eternity...

10) Do you find that you have more online friends than offline friends? Offline, actually.

11) What was your favorite subject in school? Elementary school: Art Junior High: Art High School: Humanities, Art College: All of my Major-related courses (French poetry, Specified Art History, Greek Art History, Mesopotamian Art History, Italian Renaissance Art History, Modern Art, ANYTHING Aurthur Bassett taught at BYU...)

12) Are you a perfectionist? Yes--I'm very demanding of MYSELF... I have been known to go a "little" over-board in callings, projects, baby-showers, birthdays...But I really enjoy myself in the process!

13) Do you spend more than you can afford? In the past...YES...Right now?...Working on getting into a new house...Budget, Budget, Budget...most of the time...

14) Is it better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all? How can you know how much you have loved, if you do not know the pain of losing it?

15) Do you consider yourself creative? YES! It stems from a childhood of having very little, so you learned to be VERY creative!

16) Do you give yourself the credit you deserve? Never...I also get very uncomfortable receiving compliments...(shudder)

17) Do you donate time or money to charities? Juvenille Diabetes, Kidney association, MS association, Primary Childrens, Breast Cancer. are my favorites...

18) Have you recently done something that you’ve criticized others for doing? Not usually (I'm pretty stubborn)...But when I do...I fess-up!!

19) What's on your mind? Waiting to hear if my friend has to continue chemotherapy...

I tag: SUZIE PETUNIA, and AMY LYNN...(I would also tag Carrie Ann...but we all know that would be futile...sigh....)

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Ya. what the hell happened to Carrie Ann.

Do you know, Suzie was the very first person to link my pathatic little blog to hers. My chest still fills up with pride, when I think about that. The entry where she *introduced* me, i printed out, and tucked away in my real journal.

Actually, (MY GOODNESS, talk about a blog jack), Mo'Boy was the very first, but he knew me in real life, and I totally talked him into teaching me how to blog. So he kind of HAD too.

But anyway.. back to you...

*laughing*

So you don't like compliments? Me neither. Hate them.

How can your name be Yolanda aaaaaaaaaaand your alias be the same.

*grin* hummm...

Window shop on line. I LOVE IT.

You crack me up, completely.

I hate budgets. Uck. (I have learned to stick really close to them)

*Smile* Thanks for doing this meme. I think they're so fun.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

YEA!!!! I am sooooo glad you wrote! I lvoe it when you do. If you can't think of anything to say, take each one of these questions you just answered, and develope it!

I would love to know more about you! You say that we sound alot alike. You sound just like Lisa to me! But I take it as a VERY high compliment that you would say so to me.

Tell us about this house you are moving into.

Pluuuuuuuuus, I want more pictures of you! You are so very beautiful! I love dimples! Wish I had some. Well, I do but I sit on them.

S'mee said...

I have to tell you Yo-baby, Yo-baby, Yo! you are one of my first checks in the morning (what am i saying here...all the freaking time). I am very happy when you blog. I enjoy the way you write and agree with your opinions (except for that green tea funky fruitylata junk- yikes woman! "yes, i'd like a green grass blendo grande!" nope, oh well, you're the healthy one here lol).

So missymoo, you're honesty is admired greatly and I hope to see more, always!