9/21/2006

You know she's from Utah when...


While running errands this past week, my daughter had a major meltdown...We went up to the mall, and to her surprise and horror, she saw the new "Macy's" sign on the side of the building...She screamed, "WHY did they get rid of the other store? It was a GOOD store!! WHY??!!" After a few moments of thinking, I realized why all the "agnst"...She thought that the "mall" had replace her Meier and Frank with a M-a-c-E-y-s...She could not understand why they would put a run down, thrifty grocery-store, in place of the glitz and glamour of good ol' MAF...

You KNOW you've lived in Utah far too long when your daughter's first reaction to a Macy's department store is panic, and visions of produce, instead of "do you have any money?"

6 comments:

S'mee said...

HAHAHAHAH! I had no idea about the Macey's food store until I queried my daughter who insisted she could buy tuna there!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is too funny! I'd heard about that but I get to the mall so seldom I haven't seen it.

So you live in Utah? I thought you were in Cali. If you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine (town) *snicker*

Laura said...

I thought I'd just end up getting my degree at BYU...But we've been living here for the whole 15 years we've been married!! (I NEVER in a million YEARS pictured myself living here this long, or at all!! Life is funny!!) But if it makes you feel any better, I was born in California, and lived in Chula Vista, Berkeley, and San Jose, before we moved to Colorado, and lived in Fort Collins, Littleton, and Denver, then we moved to Spokane, Washington, THEN we moved to Farmington, Utah...WHEW!! (Too much info?)

I have family in Brigham City (in-laws)...Do we need to hook up for Peach Days next year?

Did I give you enough clues?

xo Yolanda

S'mee said...

when I was in high school we used to listen to a really goofy radio show, one that had a song about Chula Vista and the LaBrea TarPits. Just hearing the name of that town makes me laugh. I am sure at one time or another we too lived in Chula Vista.

small world, good times!

Lisa M. said...

*LAUGHING*

Yup, way, W A Y too long.

I am so curious to know who the inlaws are.

I Love CA. When I grow up, I am going to live there.

I never thought I would live here either. E V E R and especially *not* in leave it to beaverland.

Um lets see. Close to your 15, since 90. *GULP*

*sniff* I miss NY.

Lisa M. said...

*VERY BIG HUGS*