10/24/2006

A Change of Luck

It has been a CRAZY few weeks! My husband has been gone on business for most of them...(He's in HAWAII this week...yes...VERY small violin playing...) I don't like the "single mom" thing!! This past Saturday, my kids had a test to move up another belt in Karate. It was a hectic and chaotic morning as I handed my youngest to my husband, (who I hadn't seen for a week) and headed out the door to take the kids to this event. When I climbed in the car, they started shouting (it was actually the GOOD kind of yelling, as in "glee!"), clapping their hands, and giving me high-fives...

I settled myself in, wondering what kind of sugar they must have consumed to be this energetic, my oldest proclaimed, "Our good-luck-charm!! She's here!! Mom...you are our 'good-luck-charm' for our tests!! We can't do it without you!!"

Wow.

(Tearing of the eyes.)

I have some wonderful children.

I am so lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love moments like that! It makes you feel like you are doing SOMETHING right!

My boys just started karate. They love it too but so far, I'm not a good luck charm!

So, How do you love YOUR new car! I want to hear about it!

Lisa M. said...

I love.. those little moments.

Thank you for sharing them with us!