12/05/2006

I Believe


I was watching TV this morning, and was alarmed when a guest on a show was telling all the reasons why she was an atheist (yes,
everyone can believe as they choose...and I choose to express how I feel) She said that "Why would a God give someone cancer?" and "People choose to believe in God to give them a sense of comfort, but outside of that, it is just a coping mechanism."

As her list went on, and on, I thought to myself, "how sad." She is missing the beauty that comes from trials, from falling, from living, from giving back to Our Father who gave us EVERYTHING from this earth, from our talents, from our abilities, and from the greatest gift of all...the gift of His Son...which allowed for the Atonement, that our brother, Christ, gave us.

This holiday I wish to exclaim, "I Believe!! I believe in a Heavenly Father who loves us...who gives us trials for our growth and experience...I believe in my Savior...who will allow me to stand before my Father, and return to Him, because of the atonement He offered for me."

"I Believe in Christ, He is my King! With all my heart to Him I'll sing; I'll raise my voice in praise and joy, In grand amens my tongue employ. I Believe in Christ; He is God's Son. On earth to dwell His soul did come. He healed the sick; the dead He raised. Good works were His; His name be praised."


4 comments:

Lisa M. said...

The wonder of the human spirit never stops surprising me.

How can we see all that is around us, and yet deny something greater than ourselves?

We had a nurse once, in the NICU who said that she didn't believe in God when she first started working as a nurse. However, after years in the NICU she could not deny that there was a higher power.

She expressed to me, in the deepest darkest hours of the night, across what we was sure would be my sons last night... When she bore the testimony and witness of the Savior.

I can only hope that this woman, who professed her adiment denial of God, someday can find the seed that lays with in us all, to confirm the knowledge of our Savior.

The one thing that has made life bearable these last few years, is knowing my Savior loves and cares about me.

I can't imagine life with out that knowledge. Nor would I want too.

Anonymous said...

I just lost my whole comment! I just wanted to say how beautiful you post was. I love this time a year and what it brings to mind about Christ and his birth.

There aren't many athiests on death beds. The beauty of it is that Jesus loves that woman as much as me. He will wrap her in his beautiful, strong arms and she will know him again in an instant. Thank heavens for forgiveness!

The hard part is KNOWING and then DOING. Where much is given, much is required. That is where I am having a hard time!

Anonymous said...

OK I am ready for a new one! It's not like you are busy or anything!

Robyn said...

What a wonderful testimony Yolanda. Thank you. I love that song, it is my favorite, I cannot sing it without tearing up. Have a great day with your family! Merry Christmas.