2/26/2007

LAUGH Lisa LAUGH!




These jokes are to make Lisa smile...If you have any others to offer, please feel free! (Although, I won't be sending you $300...)


Two campers are hiking in the woods when one is bitten on the rear end by a rattlesnake. "I'll go into town for a doctor," the other says. He runs ten miles to a small town and finds the only doctor delivering a baby. "I can't leave," the doctor says. "But here's what to do. Take a knife, cut a little X where the bite is, suck out the poison and spit it on the ground." The guy runs back to his friend, who is in agony. "What did the doctor say?" the victim cries. "He says you're gonna die."

Q: How many egomaniacs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: One. The egomaniac holds the light bulb while the rest of the world revolves around him.

My daughter and her husband, Monte, had flown to visit me, and he held their baby in his arms as the passengers stood to deplane. Noticing the baby's shirt, which said "Little Terror," a woman commented, "I think it's awful to have your child wear something like that." "But it's true," Monte replied. "Well," the woman persisted, "I wouldn't advertise it." A moment later, he shifted the infant a bit, and the woman exclaimed, "Oh, his shirt says 'Little Terror.' I thought it said 'Little Error.' "

One afternoon while I was visiting my library, I noticed a group of preschoolers gathered for story time. The book they were reading was There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. After the librarian finished the first page, she asked the children, "Do you think she'll die?" "Nope," a little girl in the back said. "I saw this last night on Fear Factor."

I am a deputy sheriff assigned to courthouse security. As part of my job, I explain court procedures to visitors. One day I was showing a group of ninth-graders around. Court was in recess and only the clerk and a young man in custody wearing handcuffs were in the courtroom. "This is where the judge sits," I began, pointing to the bench. "The lawyers sit at these tables. The court clerk sits over there. The court recorder, or stenographer, sits over here. Near the judge is the witness stand and over there is where the jury sits. "As you can see," I finished, "there are a lot of people involved in making this system work." At that point, the prisoner raised his cuffed hands and said, "Yeah, but I'm the one who makes it all happen."

Thinking his son would enjoy seeing the reenactment of a Civil War battle, my niece's husband took the boy, Will, to the event. But the poor child was terrified by the booming cannons. During a lull, Will's dad finally got him calmed down. That's when the Confederate general hollered, "Fire at Will!"

And my FAVORITE...


Two doctors and an HMO manager die and line up together at the Pearly Gates. One doctor steps forward and tells St. Peter, "As a pediatric surgeon, I saved hundreds of children." St. Peter lets him enter. The next doctor says, "As a psychiatrist, I helped thousands of people live better lives." St. Peter tells him to go ahead. The last man says, "I was an HMO manager. I got countless families cost-effective health care." St. Peter replies, "You may enter. But," he adds, "you can only stay for three days. After that, you can go to hell."

Love ya, Lisa!!

14 comments:

S'mee said...

A Catholic Priest dies and goes to heaven. He was an obedient man and admired by everyone for his kind service and devotion. St.Peter meets him at the gate and proclaims that not only does he earn a great reward, a fine mansion, and his wings, but also a God granted wish...anything he want will be his.
He carefully considers what he'll ask for and then says:"I wish to read the Holy Word in it's original language. Peter prepares his library and his schedule is cleared.
After several days the Priest is heard from all over heaven yelling: "There's an 'R' in it! There's an 'R' in it!" Peter comes running and asks what the matter is. The Priest replies:"All those years I and I never knew it was 'celebRate'!"

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I love your new look! It's going around! Kind of catchy!

I loved all the jokes! I have heard a few of them but a classic will always be a classic.

Laura said...

Smee--LOVE it!!

Melissa--Yes..I caught the bug!

Lisa M. said...

I'm here I am here.

I was tardy due to illness and stupid snow.

Why stupid snow? Because it interfears with my wireless antena.

*sigh* Dumb thing.

Living it Leave it to Beaver Land stinks sometimes.

THANK YOU ... so much for the laugh. I needed it.

Ask, Lissy, we tried talking on the phone today, but she was convinced she was listening to a chicken scratch instead of my voice.

*Sigh*

S'mee. You're hilarious.

I too love the new look!

Laura said...

sorry guys...I missed my polka-dots...

Lisa M. said...

*Laughing* I miss mine too!

I have only just realzied that half my blog roll was/is missing.

*Sigh*

I want to put a picture like Smee's in the header.

HOW DO PEOPLE DO THAT>

I am suuch a dingbat

Laura said...

Lisa...I tried for an hour to add a picture to my header...SO when you find out...share the info!!

Lisa M. said...

Oh, that won't come from me..

*tapping fingers* but I think that S'mee might be able to tell us.. or at least help us in our plight.

I hate feeling inhibited..by what I want, vs what I can *get*.

S'mee said...

Call Chronicler. Cry. A lot. Bribe her with whatever she wants. Send it FedEx overnight. Add in all kinds of flattery and sound pathetic until she relents, and gets your passwords. E-mail her about twenty of your best photos. Sacrifice whatever the computer gods want and cross your fingers. Wait patiently while Chronicler fixes it for you.

It's so simple! Geeze, you guys!

S'mee said...

One more.

A rabbi,his wife and daughter- a priest and his wife, and a mormon bishop, his wife and their 6 kids are on a plane when it goes down and they all die. They stand in line at St. Peter's gate and are interviewed.

Peter to the Rabbi: "So how do you justify being in heaven?"
Rabbi: "Well, I a may have missed a bit of the Jesus part, but I had one of the best synagogs in all of Southern CA.! We were devout and lived the law!"
Peter: "Yeah, but you loved money more than God."
Rabbi: "How can you say that?"
Peter: "What's your wife's name?"
Rabbi: hangs his head in shame, "Penny"
He leaves with his family.

The priest steps up and begins: "Well I preached the New Testament and had one of the largest congregations in all of Southern CA.!"
Peter: "Yes, however you loved wine more than God."
Priest: How can you say that? A little sacramental wine every Sunday, that's all!"
Peter: "and your wife's name?"
Priest: with a sigh, "Sherry"
He leaves with his family and the Mormon Bishop speaks:
"Let's go kids, C'mon Fanny...we don't have a chance."

Laura said...

Okay...I LOVED this one...I wonder how I could fit it into my Gospel Docrine lesson?...

Lisa M. said...

*LAUGHING*

LAUGHING LAUGHING LAUGHING

Suzie Petunia said...

I don't think I'm funny enough to comment here. :) I'm one of those people who can't ever remember jokes after I've heard them... But Waverly is REALLY into telling jokes right now: jokes of the 3rd grade variety. They are SO painful to listen to over... and over... again! I'll have her study this post and get some pointers.

Lisa M. said...

How do you make a Kleenex Dance?

This was literally my most favorite joke in third grade!

"Blow a little Boogie on it"