3/11/2007

Good Intentions


We arrived to church today ON TIME!! This is a MONUMENTAL achievement, in that no matter what time church begins, there's a 50/50 chance that we will be late.

As we entered the chapel, there was a gentleman at the podium, speaking about faith. While we sat down in our row, I thought, "Oh...This is neat...The Bishop is having people bear their testimonies before Sacrament meeting begins..." This was followed by the thought, "Boy...This guy is REALLY thorough...He even has scriptural references..."

As I gave my husband the "Am I missing something?" look, our friends in back of us tapped us on the shoulder and said, "This is the concluding speaker...Today is "Daylight Savings!"

Good Intentions...Hopefully God will understand!

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Ah, I am sure God understands. I am pretty sure he is miffed with people changing the time too.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

If he didn't want us to have seasons, ect. The world would be square.

*smirk*

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Oh my Gosh! I laughed OUT LOUD! That is way too funny!!!

I love that things like that happen to make life funny! We need to laugh more often and that is right up there at the top!

It's almost as good as our first Sunday of the year. All up and ready to go but no one at the church! It was Stake conference and we had already missed it!

So much for staying informed!