5/13/2007

Chevy and FTD



I sent my mom flowers for Mother's day...
The card said this:

Happy Mothers Day!!

If I had a nickel for every Suburban horn honked (my mom would literally sit and honk until I got into the car...this included if I was with a guy I was trying to impress, at a party/group setting, or taking too long "talking" with friends...), for every porch light flickered (I enjoyed nice conversation at the end of a date...), for every minute late (my parents got to the point where they threatened that for every minute late, it would take an hour off my curfew...) and for every trunk searched (yes...my mom once searched my trunk...In one of my nights of having her come in "the SUB" and do her ritualistic honking, she noticed that a friend/GUY was doing something in my trunk...She thought one thing--drugs? alcohol? illegal transfer?--when in reality it was the guy tying up my tail-pipe that had broken...) This bouquet would be A LOT bigger!! I love you, Mom..."Yolanda"

I love my Mom for so many reasons...But one of my favorites is looking back with "adult eyes" at how much she REALLY loved me!! Here's tribute to the big, red, Suburban, and the woman behind the wheel, honking that horn!!

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is funny! Thank heavens for our mothers!

Robyn said...

Coupled with the previous post, it looks as though you are following a good role model. ;-)