6/15/2007

Empty yet Full

My house is all packed. (Thanks in part to the FOUR people who came to help us pack it onto the truck...yes, FOUR...We've been in our ward/neighborhood for 10 YEARS (do you know how many people my husband has helped move in/out?!) and only FOUR people came to help...All I can say is, to those FOUR people, may charma bless you abundantly!!

Our house is empty, save for the outlines of where furniture or pictures once hung. We have been blessed to have this home, and many memories will place us back here, in our minds.

We close in an hour...No more mortgage (for now!), no more debt, no more familiarity! I am excited for this change, and am looking forward to the joy and chaos in this adventure! I will be moving closer to my sister, but further away from dear friends (except Amy!) and those relationships will forever leave a mark on the person I am. I tend to be somewhat of a "loner..." I have always been fiercely independent, and at times like these, I am grateful for this trait...But at the same time, I worry about how (new) people will perceive me...Will they think I am "stand-off-ish?", rude?, snobby?, for the mere fact I tend to "take care of business" and not call a lot of attention to myself? I feel I am GREATLY misunderstood!!

Well...It's hot, my kids are bored (no TV, no music, no toys...YIPES!) and I still need to do a million things. Life truly, goes on!

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

The best of luck, on your grand adventure.

Moving is neat.

S'mee said...

I loathe moving, but the thought of change makes me very happy. I wish you well in your new digs. As far as people's perceptions of us is concerned, well, we just can't control what they think! I have lived in the same area since 1980 and just last year a gal was "surprised" that I was so "relaxed." She only saw me on Sunday, sitting in "my" front row, all dressed up and quiet. She thought I was an intellectual(LOL), and frankly a bit of a snob.

When this statement left her lips it landed squarely on the ears of a woman who truly knows me who actually BURST out in laughter (something akin to Buh-HAWWWWWWK)and then caught herself in fear of hurting my feelings. I joined her laughter and we then explained why it was SO funny.

Just be yourself and eventually, after 27 or so years people will get to know the real you just fine.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

How weird to move! Where is your new place? Far from your old one?

I wish I would have been there to help you pack. I know what you mean about being misunderstood.

I frequently feel that way. I usually get in trouble only to find out that someone totally misunderstood me.

I think people take things I say wrong and I am tired of trying to explain myself.
Let people think what they will. Who gives a damn anyway!!!

You are awesome and the people who know you love you and these new people will get to know you too and love you for the beautiful woman you are!