6/20/2007

Peaceful Space

Although I loved my past home, I always felt cramped...and we even lived on a half acre!! My house felt crowded, my cupboard smooshed, the city streets always under construction and chaotic. I felt like I was in a vice-grip, and the walls were closing in upon me.

Compare to now...Wide open spaces, clear streets, calm rolling hills, winding side roads to run, walk or bike on, the wind blowing in waves the tall grass that grows intermittently on the neighboring golf course, the solitude of the country and space which buffer our area...What a difference! (Not to mention the fact that our rental is a new home with up-to-date fixtures and "extras", more square footage, and a basement for storage!)

As I was driving to run errands, I was thinking of the extra time it will now take to run those errands...that I will have to "plan" my time and trips more efficiently...but you know what?..I felt that the calm and tranquility I feel from the area make it all worth the extra driving!

I am in love with the beauty and peaceful space surrounding me...and this is from a "city" gal, who loves the mall, the hustle and bustle, the constant ebb-and-flow of change, and owns way too many shoes!! It's amazing how you can change your view of the same world.

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I totally feel you. This is why I live where I do too. There is something healing and soothing about the country.

This is the way God intended I think. Unfettered from the world and it's hustle and bustle.

I am so happy for you!

Lisa M. said...

WOO WOO.

Congrats.

I am so happy for you-

where abouts are you anyway?

Lisa@madsenfamily.net