7/27/2007

New day...New Shoes...New Attitude


When life gives you lemons...Lemonade?! NO!! You go SHOE SHOPPING!!

Feeling very overwhelmed with mom's cancer (looks like it will be masectomy, and possibly radiation and chemo--depends on what they find during surgery...), my cancer scare (WHEW!) magazine article (but it will be an AWESOME article!) girl's camp (feeling like they just wanted a "warm body" for leader's count going up...since no one else would go...) my kids wondering where their mom has gone (between mom's appointments, my appointments, article interviews, camp meetings, tv appearances, etc. my daughter called in tears one day, "I just don't feel like I see you anymore...") isolation from a new move, and husband's increasing work travel, I felt the need to get grounded...in a new pair of shoes!!

These shoes make me smile!

9 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Are you on crack?

I so don't get those kinds of shoes.

Does that mean that I am not a sleek, savy, person if I wear croc's and flips?

*GRIN*

Laura said...

They are actually quite comfy, and not as "daring" in person...But yes...I'm on crack...cuz they do make me smile!

Lisa M. said...

So, today- I went shopping.

I lothe shopping.

I even took Ethan with me.

DUMB, Idea.

I was looking for shoes. TWO malls, Seven box stores, and three DI's. And nothing. NOT A SHOE.

I've decided, I so need your help.

I have 18 pairs of flip flops, one pair of nike's, which I almost NEVER wear, and one pair of pant dress shoes.

That is it.

*Sigh*

I am so glad you make me smile.

(Sonic, is my smile zone!)

S'mee said...

I LOVE love LOVE these shoes! I so wish I weren't one of those old ladies who never wear anything they can't purchase at the Bass Pro Shop. (You'd be amazed at what Merrel sandals can do for a nice Sunday Suit. ahem.)

Laura said...

Send me your size....

Lisa M. said...

*Laughing*

You're the funniest commentor.

Here is a *theory* I forgot to mention...

If shoes make you smile, all the time, it's probably SO MUCH better than HW.

S'mee said...

7 1/2! However I don't know if it's good idea to wear shoes that have heels longer than your legs.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Sorry it took so long to comment! But I have to say, I LOVE the shoes! Since my feet are doing better, I have been experimenting with heels.

Love em. They make me feel sexy but the first 10 seconds I had them on, I sprained my ankle!!

Guess it takes practice! I still wear them every Sunday!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

By the way, I wear 8 1/2-9. Depending on the shoe. If you have any cast offs, my closet is available!