8/01/2007

the Fray are my "Wonderwall..."



We went and saw "The Fray" last night at the Usana Amphitheater...It was MAGNIFICIENT!!

These guys are SO TALENTED!! And the lyrics to their songs are beautiful, and real. They shared new songs they have written, as well as one tribute to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" which was GENIUS!

I've seen a lot of concerts, and the encores these musicians did was SPECTACULAR!! They had the a whole chunk of the front row go up on stage with them and sing the song, "Over My Head," and the lighting effects they used for the closing song, "Look After You" was magical, and illuminating. They incorporated Oasis' chorus from "Wonderwall":

" Because maybe,

You're gonna be the one who saves me?

And after all,

You're my wonderwall..."


It then melts into:

"It's always have and never hold
You've begun to feel like home

What's mine is yours to leave or take

What's mine is yours to make your own


Oh, oh,
oh
Oh, oh,
oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh "


It was BEAUTIFUL!!

(You know for a fact there's a mom out there who is saying, "I'm SO GLAD I made him take piano lessons!!")

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is so cool! I'm honestly not that familiar with them but you make me want to be!

About the comments on moms. You are right there!!! My boys start piano up again in about a week or two. They hate to practice but I know it will give them something priceless for the future.