10/16/2007

Where Have I Been?!

1) Trapped in the carwash...

Yes...I was TRAPPED in the carwash...I should have known when the entire machine LURCHED on...It was like the spirit of Cujo, Damien, X-files, or the Haunting suddenly took over the system...My thoughts? "My son gets out of preschool in 10 minutes...I am going to be stuck in here...Who do I call?...What could anyone I would call do?...SH**!!"...While the foam and water kept turning on and off sporatically, with the huge machine arms jerking noisily around me, I had to take control...I had to get out... WHILE THE CARWASH WAS RUNNING...and push the emergency exit/open button!!!!!

I'm still waiting for my refund.

2) Went wig shopping with my mother...for when she starts chemo...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

3) I just found out I have Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome...

I KNEW I wasn't really eating that much...How could I be gaining THIS much weight and breaking out like a teenage boy?

4) I start the Glycemic Index Diet this week...It's suppose to be very good for people with PCOS, and it "will have me 10 pounds lighter by Nov 15th!!"

5) I've been reading Sheri Dew's book, "No Doubt About It.."

"Is it possible to be happy when life is hard? Can we feel peace amid uncertainty, or hope in the midst of cynicism? Is it possible to change, to shake off old habits and become new again? Is it possible to live with integrity and purity in a world that no longer values virtues that distinguish the followers of Christ? YES...(Sheri Dew)

"...whatever Jesus lays his hands upon lives. If Jesus lays his hands upon a marriage, it lives. If he is allowed to lay his hands on the family, it lives..." (Howard W. Hunter)

"I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88)


Where ever I've been, it's never been alone.

7 comments:

S'mee said...

Glad to hear that you are back,sad to here you got stuck in the carwash! wow. and about that PCOS, Chronicler has TONS of info as some close to her have been diagnosed as well. (I apologize for lack of link, -not on my 'puter at the moment.)

Good to see you again.

Kim Allsup said...

I am glad that you got out of the car wash unscathed. i'm sorry that happened to you..it does make a great story

Lisa M. said...

Okay, hilarious visions in my brain about the car wash. I enjoyed a good laugh, not at your expense, but with you- HA.

Okay, so PCOS isn't lovely, but it's doable and the index diet is one I am all to familiar with.

It'll be just fine-

I'm happy your Mom is beautiful, and I have done the wig shopping with my Mom too- It was such a fun and sad day, all rolled into one.

I think of you often- Hope you're well.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

i did read your blog a few days ago and didn't have time at the time to respond.

I just want you to know that I feel for you. My mom went through breast cancer and had 5 daughters to go through it with her.

I pray for you and your family and I am so glad you did not make your home in the car wash. It's just too damp to live like that.

Carrie Ann said...

Thank you for the sweet inspiration, friend!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

k ready for a new post girl !!!!! love you

Amy Lynn said...

The carwash incident is making me giggle so hard. I've never been trapped by a car wash but I know it is Matthew's greatest fear. I put him in shock every time we go.

And I loved your quotes...copying them down right now.