12/21/2007

Early Christmas Gifts...No more, please!


Early Christmas gift #1: My in laws coming "to see the new house," and not letting us in on the plan...I was SWEATING (we were in the middle of laundry, and bathroom cleaning...) by the time they came to the door.

Early Christmas gift #2: What every fashionista wants for her Christmas present...Shoes? Clothes? Perfume? Shoes?....Oh no...Try four new SNOW TIRES..But I guess if I plan on ever leaving my house, I will need them...Do you like or hate the "need" gifts? Isn't there something magical about receiving a "want" gift?

Early Christmas gift #3: Calling to see why my husband is running late, only to find that the fuel injection system of the car (with the new snow tires) is shot, leaving my husband and daughter stranded on the off ramp of I-15...Not to mention the AWESOME bonus of not only having to pay for a new fuel injecton system, but the fact I won't get my car back until NEXT Thursday...Special surprise? The pissed-off, touchy, grouchy, and any other "chy" out there, mood that my husband was in there after...

Early Christmas gift #4: Finding out that you bought tickets for the Friday show, instead of the Thursday showing, for a movie to "surprise" your kids with (so you could be "cool" mom), resulting in missing a holiday "adult only" (not an "adult" as in XXX...) party at your neighbors house with your ward/friends...

Early Christmas gift #5: Having your husband quit his job three weeks earlier than planned (it's a GOOD thing!) but then knowing that his new office won't be ready until mid January--do you know what it's like having your husband work from home? Big Brother, anyone?

I hope I don't begin getting early birthday gifts (see #2...)

Now for a loud rendition of "All I want for Christmas"?!

5 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

What happened to Christmas being the "Most wonderful time of the year" BAHUMBUG! I truely hope that you have a Merry Christmas Day!

Laura said...

We need a trip to Vegas? Hawaii? Cabo? Somewhere warm and totally OPPOSITE "holiday..."

Wishing you were still across the street from me, so we could go throw snowballs at people...

xoxo

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

ok, this was too funny! I hate those need gifts. they aren't gifts at all!!! lol

So I too, adore the hubby but having him around too much is a bit much, ya know?

Great post and by the way, i have noticed that my house is ALWAYS a mess when people just show up and its nice and clean when no one comes around! It's Murphy's law!

Mel said...

I hope its okay if I laugh at this post. It's just that I can totally relate to the auto problems and having a husband home... a lot!

Laura said...

Sometimes humor is the only coping mechanism I have...Go ahead and LAUGH til it hurts!