5/08/2008

A Stop Sign for Time



Every other night, my son and I go running....It has been amazing! He is turning 12 on the 21st...I cannot believe how the time has flown, or where it has gone?! My easiest baby, my laid-back child, my tender hearted boy, my son with the wise eyes...I cannot believe the boy who is running next to me, talking with me, laughing and joking with me, will be on a mission in seven years...I wish time would stop running so fast, so that I could run with my son like this, a little longer...

4 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I SO know what you are saying! I feel heartache every time I look at my 2 big boys! Jake will be 13 this year and Seth will be 9.

Jake and I go running together too and I love it although he could easily leave me in the dust!

He help my hand during the race for the cure and I was so touched that he felt secure enough to do that. My boys are beautiful and the time I have left with them is growing short. Soon they will stretch their wings and leave me behind. I just can't think about it!

Trish said...

I think "Yo" is starting to suit you well...:)

I love this post...reading it actually makes me a little teary eyed. I am feeling another post coming on...thanks for the inspiration!

S'mee said...

I can remember that same time when my eldest was turning 13 and I felt like he would be gone too soon. Then he left for real, became a hero, and I had twinges of never being a part of his life again.

Don't worry. As someone a few years ahead I can tell you it's all good. They grow up, they leave, they serve a mission, they get a job, they distance themselves for a bit of time, and then they call you one day and it's like the relationship you had when they were little. Asking advice, telling a fun story about their day, asking for help from time to time.

It's all good, and frankly, when they get older, it's even better because you become linear. Much more fun.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

K time for a new post! lol