6/20/2008

Thursday Aftermath...A Sequel...

Wednesday morning I found myself at 2am at my computer, writing this sister an email...I simply and unconfrontationally (impressive for me, I know!) let her know how I felt, especially from that night, and from other instances how I was feeling, as well as the thoughts and emotions that had been in my heart. I even was bold enough to tell her how I felt she was sometimes perceived by me ( and others ), and that I knew for assuredly, that one of my purposes was to bring those "unconventional" ideas to the table...

*Priceless* She had been just as tormented about what had transpired as I, and had been equally worried about how I was feeling...It was a completely different side to her...

It was also a completely different atmosphere later that evening at our meeting...

What stood out to me most from this situation, was not necessarily "you need to let others know how you are feeling," which is not a real problem for me, but the lesson to be true to yourself and who you are...I am the "black sheep," ultra- liberal-appearing, "unconventional," "outspoken," limb of the Stake YW Presidency...And I am okay with that, and I know that is why I was called to serve in this capacity. This experience simply (though stressfully!) reaffirmed my place, and validated my persona and how I think about things. Perhaps I needed to learn this, so I would be able to remain strong in my positions, regardless of the looks I get from others?!

Well...Youth Conference is next week, and it will be AMAZING!! (And I can be my strong, obnoxious, rowdy-self while I'm there!!!)

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I am so proud of you!!! I am so happy for you too! The Lord works in mysterious ways!!

I am so glad it all worked out! I love your liberal shaken booty! You are the spice of life, girly! Keep it up!

Heather and Eric said...

Reading this makes me admire you more and more. You are amazing. I miss your vivacious, outspoken, uncompromising and beautiful points of view! Keep it up!