11/03/2008

November 4th 2008

We vote tomorrow for the seat that has been the subject of all aspects of news from CNN to SNL...We vote for the person to hopefully lead this country to better days and better times...

It amazes me the names (good and bad) that I've heard these candidates called during the past two years...I believe each to be good men, who want nothing but the best for our country and its people...I do not believe either to be evil or the "devil-incarnate"...I believe each to be our brother, and each to be a child of God, regardless of the direction or path they would like to take to make the country a better place, in their eyes...I would think it makes our Father sad to know some of the things that have been said about both parties...for these are still His children, someone's son, someone's husband and someone's father...

I love our country, and the right we have to vote and participate...I love that I have friends who think exactly opposite of me in this election, yet we still love and respect each other...I don't call them "ridiculous," and they don't call me a "follower of Satan..."

I pray that we can still retain our individualism, but stay united as a country when all is said and done...


Are we ready?


4 comments:

Steph said...

very well written! I might have to steal your wording from you for a post of my own! I went and voted!! Yeah! Thanks for all your info on the candidates!

Lisa M. said...

*smile*

Love the picture.

Love you-

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I love this picture. I didn't vote for Obama but I am very excited for him! I pray he rises to the occasion and does what is best for everyone.

You are definitely in the minority here in Utah but you go girl! Stick to your guns.

I am very worried for him and his family though. There are too many wackos out there who don't want Obama there just because of the color of his skin. Which I like.

So, we'll see. Good luck, Barack Obama and God bless!

Laura said...

Hey--42% voted for Obama--not too much in the minority ; )