11/10/2008

Such Goodness


I just got off the phone with one of my closest friends...She lives far away in North Carolina...We use to live just a block away from each other...We served in Young Womens together...Our children played together...We would go to "Witches Night Out" at Gardiner Village each October...We would have game nights were the adults would play, and the kids would tear up the house...We would giggle and be silly at times...Cry and give hugs at other times...Try and live our lives to the best of our abilities...I would always call her (sometimes daily) with the question, "How do I say "this" (insert any trauma I needed to deal with), without offending the person?" She always gives great advice....

I miss our talks...

I saw this picture, and it reminded me of her...

Whenever we greet each other, it's always with, "Hello, my Friend!"

What a nice way to spend the afternoon.

4 comments:

Lisa M. said...

It is indeed, a very good way to spend an afternoon.

I love friends like that.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Oh, my dear. I really feel this post right now. My closest friend is moving away. I have spent every day with her helping to pack up her house. Closure.

Her husband is working in Wyoming on the pipeline. She was going to stay here but feels she should be with him. Silly girl.

Anyway, all week, all I do is cry every time I thing about it. She is one of those friends I spend every spare minute with. Who I shop with, play with, cry with and eat sushi with! I feel lost knowing she is leaving. We talk normally on the phone numerous times during the day. I am so sad right now. It's good to know that it doesn't have to change completely.

We are going out tonight for the last time that she still officially lives here. Her husband is coming late tonight and then he gets her! I'm trying not to hold a grudge! lol

Anyway, your post brought it all up again for me! But that's ok.

Amy Lynn said...

Perfect post for a wonderful friend! Wonderful way to spend the afternoon...wanna get together??

Laura said...

DUH!!! Call me!!