2/01/2009

My life in one phrase....

Don't you hate it when you are sick....and your kids are sick....and after a few days of being really sick you decide to go to the doctor for some help (antibiotics!)...and you go to the office...pay your co-pay....see the doctor....and then...leave with no help (antibiotics!) because it's "viral?"....So you just paid $50 to go sit in an exam room, list off your woes, and get a pat on the back?

This is my life...

I am usually a fairly positive person. A person who enjoys making that lemonade out of lemons....But not lately. I am angry. I am tired of paying that "$50" or whatever it may be, over and over, just to see myself no further along than before. Let's face it...I could never be a "Job"... I am very human, and I am a very tired, discouraged, and emotionally drained human! My catch-phrase daily is "are you kidding me?!"  As I write this, I realize how pathetic I sound. I realize all that I have to be grateful for. I realize that sometimes you just have to pay that damn $50, even and especially when you feel it's for nothing.

But very rarely, does it ever turn out to be nothing. Most often, it turns out to be the best thing that could have ever happened for you, for family, or for your situation. It's just seeing and believing in that, even when all those "lemons" begin piling up around you, and you are so sick of drinking that lemonade!

My life in one phrase? It can only get better? Right?!


4 comments:

S'mee said...

Have you got a good recipe for lemon pie?

Thor and I go 'round and 'round with the situation you just described. Making the appointment is enough to try the patience of any good saint, then waiting in a petri dish with other infected coughers and sniffers and the occasional barfer for an hour or two, sitting naked on paper in a room you could hang meat in, only to be told "it's a virus"...yeah that stinks and I'm right there with ya.

I rarely go to the dr.s because that is my experience 98% of the time. weeee.

Hang in there kid, and have a slice of pie on me.

Steph said...

That is seriously one of the things i hate most. Leaving with no help from doc office just have to wait it out! I'm sorry all of you have been sick. Isaak is just getting over sickness too..I can't wait for spring!!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Oh my darling! No, it doesn't have to get better. That's the sad thing. I will say that I love that you are being honest. I love it that your are being real. Your life is just like all our lives which means we are in this together. It's wonderful that you can admit life is hard.

I have started taking something called Stemtech. It has changed my life. It is a supplement that we just discovered that causes your own adult stem cells to grow faster and heal the parts of your body that need it most (faster). It has been incredible.

Bry and I bought it, hoping it would help him. He said he didn't want to advertise until he knew if it was too good to be true.

He has healed leaps and bounds! He went to the doctor this week and they were amazed at how much better his lung capacity is. Bry feels way better too. We can actually sleep together again. He doesn't snore anymore.

One lady told me her husband had to take 6 injections for diabetes a day. He's now down to 2 after using stemtech for a couple months.

We bought into it. Check out our website and if you want to know more, let me know. (I even got off my antidepressant and I feel pretty dang good!)

utahsource.stemtechbiz.com

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

PS. I have had an awful cold for a week. Today is the first day I have felt good! Dang virus!