2/09/2009

It all ends at 7:30pm


The best thing we've got going? Our new curfew, with new rules...

At 7:30pm, all persons under the age of 13 must be in their pajamas, teeth brushed, faces washed/baths, and in their rooms. The said persons can then read, do extra homework, draw, read scriptures, play with toys, go to sleep (ha ha) or write letters...As long as it's not a video game, movie, loud, abrasive or catalystic in nature. The longest they are allowed to do this is until 8:30pm, after which, it is lights out.      

I don't know why this has clicked so nicely with my kids...although it took a good week of "breaking in" with my 6 year old...Perhaps because of all the options they have? Because they get to "cheat" bedtime a little longer? All I know is  it has been my favorite part of the day! I can get all those loose ends tied up that I couldn't do during the day. And it is (for the most part) quiet!!  

On most days...it makes me happy that there is an "end" in sight!!


10 comments:

S'mee said...

Just goes to prove how much children love structure and boundaries. This sounds fabulous and I am sure the kids will find it more and more to their liking too. Great idea!

Steph said...

Sounds heavenly! Your a great mom and always have awesome ideas!

Whitney said...

That's a good idea. I like the no video games and movies part. Kids are way over saturated in those things. I'm happy you get the time you need as well. You rocks. Oh and I will have to figure out a time for you to see Juniper too.

Laura said...

PLEASE!!!!! I cannot wait to see her!!! You seem like you are a natural mommy!!

Laura said...

PLEASE!!!!! I cannot wait to see her!!! You seem like you are a natural mommy!!

Lisa M. said...

I agree with Miss S'mee. Kids do love boundaries and borders. I think they search for them.

I wish I had answers for all that ail's you. I wish I had a good health care reform plan that made it possible for everyone to receive the health care they need, and for everyone to use that option, in an honest, only when you need it fashion.

I struggle with that too. My co pays are a lot more than fifty dollars, and it is ridiculous.

I see the struggles with families and it is so discouraging and I am sorry that this is something that effects you as well.

You don't sound pathetic. You sound real.

Let's have a piece of that pie together. Sugar free even! *smile*

I sure to like reading your updates.

Loved the font changes in this post.

VERY easy on the eye.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

We have been keeping this same schedule for a while. I love it too! I love my nights now. Sometimes I feel guilty for being in such a hurry to get my kids to bed, but the guilt soon leaves as I watch a good show all by myself! lol

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for that! It's a fabulous idea.... Do you think it would work with a one year old?

Grammy Cindy said...

Great Idea!

Amy Strong said...

Hey--I like the idea! I'll have to try that.
I talked to Nycole tonight. She gave me her blog so I could find you! Fun!