12/12/2009

Full Circle


Ten years ago, I was put into the Young Women organization of my Provo ward. I served there as 1st Counselor, and later, President for a space of 4 years. What a marvelous space of time!! I had the BEST young women!! Each one with different views, talents, laughs, strengths, trials and dispositions. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life, and I was personally blessed on so many levels by these amazing young women.

Now.....ten years later....we are reuniting! At the end of the month, we are having a "Laurel Reunion!" Some are working, traveling, going to school, mommies, becoming 1st time mommies, wives, aunts...basically taking on the world before them!

We have indeed come full circle. Instead of Sis B, I am now, Laura. Instead of a leadership role, it is now a sisterhood and friendship. I look at these young women and feel a depth of love and pride, almost maternal, but not quite. It's something indescribable, but so joyful to my soul.

Circles of life...beautiful to behold.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

That's neat you are all going to get back together. You are so cool Laura!

Steph said...

thats so awesome! I loved having you in young womens! I've always looked up to you and admired you in many many ways. You are truly someone I deeply cherish! Love you!

Laura said...

Thank you both...you are truly a blessing in my life!!!
xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I am ECSTATIC! Oh the memories... You have truly made a huge impact in my life and defiantly helped in shaping who I am. Love you lots.

Laura said...

I think I'm more excited about the REUNION than I am Christmas?!!

What's interesting is that I don't think you gals realize the impact you each had on MY life?!

Cannot wait, Nycole!!!!
xoxoxo

Melissa Cunningham said...

How beautiful. What a neat experience to have made such a difference in someone else's life. I love it when I feel like I've made a impact.

One of these days, we'll get to meet. I hope it's soon! Love you so much!