2/04/2010

What is Balance?


What is balance? Apparently, I don't have it...and I'm not talking about the ability to walk a tight-rope! (Although lately I feel that is exactly what I'm trying to do!) I mean balancing your life so it is harmonious with all you want to "stuff" into it.

With Stake Trek, work, 5000moms, the Utah Shrink-a-thon, mommy duties, hubby, and taking on the Ragnar training for my run in June, I feel like I am "hit or miss" on many items on my plate. Even though I feel that are all worthwhile, I still feel unbalanced, and messy.

So my friend wrote an article on "Quiet Time" a while ago. I read it back then and thought, " Great idea!" Did I do it? Nope. Do I need to do it? Yup. Yup. Yup! (You can read her article here) I think a lot of this "unbalance" stems from the loss I feel of my brother...I think I'm trying to stay so immensely busy, that I don't have time to think about it?

So, I'm going to try and dedicate my runs to being my "Quiet Time," as I try and find the balance to all those things I need/want to do. I need to prioritize, which I believe is my problem, in that I think of many things as equally important?! If I start with my own soul, then it should speak to me as to the order in which I put things....?

5 comments:

steph said...

I can totally relate! That is exactly how I have felt since my dad. Seems like nothing gets done life it to chaotic! You do a great job with balancing I think! You seems to get lots done and you always are in good fashion at the same time! ;)

Amanda said...

Laura- Here is a link to a beautiful talk that might help when it comes to prioritizing: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=12d72bce258f5110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Hope it helps!

Amanda said...

okay so it's not a link but copy and paste should do the trick.

Laura said...

Yes--I've read this before--it's a great talk!

Anonymous said...

I have been feeling the similarly. I have gotten so used to just functioning, finally having a moment to sort through thing have been like walking in the snow naked - quite an experience. I'm with you all the way on your journey...