1/20/2010

My LIfe and Threes

This afternoon my grandfather passed away. The cowboy. The rugged wrangler. Such a combination of tough, bitter, sweet and a few "swears!" I will miss him and his presence, and my heart goes out to my mom, and grandmother.

What is it about me and threes? I had to stop having babies at three, I utilize groups of threes in my home decor, my wedding ring utilizes three center stones, three is the minimum number of things I am do at a time, I am planning on running in three races this year, I often eat three apples a day, I have three siblings, I have three people I tell most everything to...

I know there is symbolism in art and history and religion with threes. These are three of my favorite subjects, especially the threes in art. It is just strange how threes are so prevalently manifesting themselves in my life, most currently the deaths of my brother in law, brother, and now, grandfather.

Maybe I should have stuck with #1?

7 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Oh, Laura! I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather. I wish I would have known last night.

Consider yourself hugged.

Grammy Cindy said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again! I love you!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is weird. Three does seem to be a magic number in your life. What a tough thing to go through, but they are so happy now. Unfettered by a body.

That, of course doesn't make US feel better but just knowing they are still out there, immensely joyful and being with the people that went before, does help. LOVE YOU!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this #3! I hope this means you get 3 times the blessings. . .

AnnaleeMG said...

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your grandpa. It was hard to lose mine. It's wierd about that threes thing; when my grandpa died, two more friends of his died within 24 hrs!

Lisa M. said...

It's really neat, that you noticed. How interesting.

Melissa Cunningham said...

I gave you The Lovely Blog award. Come by to pick it up!