5/17/2006

Tickets to a good "Da-bate"


I just bought my tickets to see the "Davinci Code" for Friday afternoon. This is a great topic for me in many ways. #1 The obvious...the topic of Jesus #2 I have a BA in Humanities and Art History, and love the discussion of all the artwork, architecture, history, and philosophy in the book #3 ANYTHING controversial is what I like to discuss!

We are in the process of turning my dear husband's office into a room for our oldest son, for his birthday. (He has been sharing a room with his 3 year old brother, and the seven year difference is just too much to ask of him!!) So, we got my husband this really cool, new, Mac computer with a flat-screen (he's a graphic designer/marketing VP/advertising GENIUS!) that we will put in the family room, and then "transform" his office into a small nook for our son. My husband made us a really cool, rustic desk out of some old fence slats we had stored in our shed. It turned out amazing! Our son knows nothing of the "plans," so it should be a really fun surprise! ANYWAYS...the computer may be interrupted the next few days, so I just wanted to get my "digs" into my next topic, so everyone can be ready (yeah--all five of you who read my blog,,,LOL) for some fun discussion!

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

HA HA. Yup, all five of us. *smirk*

Goof.

Okay- I loved the book. I thought it was quirky and kept me on my toes. Not sure I am completely excited for the movie. I am glad Hanks is invovled, that should help keep me interested.

I have a love hate relationship with books that I love being made into movies. I keep thinking? How many kids don't read Harry Potter anymore, because they just see the movies.. and Oh how much they are missing.

More importantly. I think it is interesting the *controversy* that the movie has seemed to stired up, that the book didn't. The comments made by different esoterical leaders. Though not completely surprising the verocity of it has taken me a little off guard.

I am looking forward to seeing it, I hope it is worth my time. I thought the book was!:-)

Good luck by the by, with the changes in your home! I bet that will be a grand gift.

Laura said...

I agree...I have yet to see a movie that truly lived up to the book...And I TOTALLY agree with the effects of the movie vs. books for kids. Just call me "mean mommy," but the deal in my house is that if they want to see the movie, they need to read the book (if applicable). I think they loved the "Chronicles of Narnia" even more, BECAUSE they had read the book.

I will definetely let you know what I think of the movie...and I'm a pretty tough critic!

Lisa M. said...

Hey Woman, you're here by granted the letter "S".

Thanks for playing!