2/06/2007

More Meme for Melissa

Curious?! Enjoy...


1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30am--ritual "pee," then again at 7:15am to send the kids off to school, then again at 8:30am when my youngest got up, then again at 9:15am when my youngest refused to "cuddle" any longer...Nope...NOT a morning person...Though I would LOVE to be one...

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds...pearls seem matronly to me.

3. Single/married/committed? married (Now...Lisa put favorite "shoes" on her meme for this question...OOH...SHOES!!)

4. What was the last film you saw at the theater? "The Pursuit of Happyness"

5. What is your favorite TV Show? Tie: The Office/Prison Break/Grey's Anatomy/(when on) Project Runway/Boston Leagal

6. What did you have for breakfast? Egg/spinach omelet

7. What is your middle name? What middle name?!--My Dad did not give ANY of his daughters a middle name...His reasoning?...Our maiden name would become our middle name when we got married...(You better believe MY daughter has a middle name!!)

8. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese...SUSHI!!

9. What foods do you dislike? Fillet mignon

10. Favorite Chips? "Lays" original, or home-made tortilla chips with salsa

ll. Favorite CDs? Currently very eclectic: Godsmack, Michael Buble, Johnny Cash, ColdPlay, Evanescence, The Fray, Hansraj Hans (cool/fresh Indian Music), KT Tunstall, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Soundtracks from " Triple XXX "and "Crank" and "A Beautiful Mind..."

l2. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Tahoe

l3. Favorite sandwich? Pesto Turkey Ciabatta sandwich at Mimi's Cafe...YUM!

14. What characteristics do you despise in others? Ignorance, laziness, self-righteousness.

15. What is your favorite clothing? My new "Tyte" jeans, and a clean white fitted t-shirt....and REALLY AWESOME SHOES (probably a heeled sandal or opened-toe shoe where my newly manicured toes could peek out!)...and a cool stone-bracelet, with my big silver, hoop earrings!!

l6. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Tie: Greece/Egypt

17. What color are your eyes? Green

l8. Favorite Fashion Brand: ALL (except western attire...on THAT I draw the line...)

l9. Where would you want to retire to? Canada...Then I could utilize my french, and get UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE to take care of all my ailments...

20. Favorite time of day? Evening...After the kids are REALLY asleep...

2l. Where were you born? Chula Vista, California (Just a hop, skip and a jump from Tijuana!!)

22. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball

23. Who do you least expect to send this back? Me...I'm a poster, not a sender...

24. Person you expect to send it back first? No clue...I'm not that popular in the great "blogosphere..." But hopefully Suzie's post will help with that...

25. Coke or Pepsi? The only way I can drink Coke is if it is a Diet Vanilla Coke from Sonic or a really cold Coke Zero...I don't mind a cold Diet Pepsi with fresh limes...

26. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? We will be putting our house up for sale within the next month (YEAH!!) and we will start building the house we've talked about for the past...FOREVER!!

27. What did you want to be when you were little? An attorney, or a Museum Curator.

28. What is your best childhood memory? (One of MANY...) When my dad would make up silly songs to famous pop songs...ie: "Spider-Crusher" to the tune of "Ghost-Busters!" (HILARIOUS!!) We still know all the words...He also had this "redneck/country" song that he would sing as we entered the middle of nowhere (Wyoming!) about "Billy's sister's cousin's uncle's nephew, slapped Jenny in the mouth..She took little Susie...and they all headed South..."

29. Did you ever skip school? A few times in High School...Mostly in my Senior year, after all my college applications had been turned in...

30. Who was your best friend in school? I moved around in many "circles..." and had good friends...but none that I would consider "best" (One of my "good" friends slept with my prom date a week before the dance...I wonder why I wasn't more open to a "best" friend...)

3l. Piercing? ears. 3 on the left, and 2 on the right. I went away to yearbook camp at USU in Logan the summer before my senior year, and came home with 4 new holes...my dad wasn't impressed...The third was "home-made...") Now I only wear the LDS "PC" one per ear allotment...but the holes have never closed!

32. Ever been to Africa ? No

33. Ever been toilet papering? Oh, yes!!

4. Been in a car accident? No...But I had a semi-truck slam into me when I was 9 and rollerskating...Does that count?

35. Favorite day of the week? Friday...It always comes with the relief that the week is over, and happiness that it is not yet Sunday and time for my lesson...

36. Favorite restaurant? Happy Sumo

37. Favorite flower? Daisy

38. Favorite flavor of ice cream? New find: Bubblegum with Gummy Bears

39. How many times did you fail your drivers license? Once...The instructor did not feel I drove across an intersection quickly enough, and put "near accident" in big letters on my paper...The worse part was having my mom say, "You can still drive us home with your learner's permit..."
(post note: I have NEVER been in a traffic accident!!)

40. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? Heather

41. What store would you choose to max out your credit card? My instinct says ANY shoe store...My brain says "wait to spend it on your new house..."

42. Bedtime? I'd LIKE to go to sleep at 10:30pm...But...I usually drift off around 1-2am

43. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire?
According to those memes I've read... MYSELF!!

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My husband and his co-workers and their wives.

45. What are you listening to right now? My kids yelling, "Good night!!"

46. What are your favorite colors? Pink...Lime Green...Silver...

47. How many tattoos do you have? ONE! (Yup---I got it on my first Mother's Day, and YES, I've always had a current temple recommend and calling---this was before the days of "For the Strength of Youth." I was 26, and had a good reason (nope--not gonna tell!!) My kids thought it was a birth mark until they were 4 and 6, then I had to lay it out for them...But they know that I would not get one now, or let THEM get one, since the new "edict" from "above." )

48. How many people are you sending this e-mail to? everyone who blogs. Tag! You're it!

49. Favorite movie of all time? "Life is Beautiful"

50. Favorite book? "Honeymoon in Purdah"

Comments?

5 comments:

Lisa M said...

Okay my dear Yo-Yo.

SO many things to comment on, and don't worry, I was just over at Suz's blog and Ethan woke up all covered in throw up, but i have it handled and now i am here, to torment you for a bit.

1- Love the ritual. I am not a morning person either, but OH Melissa is, and trust me, it is way annoying.

4- Did you like Happyness?

5- I am so hooked on Grey's Anatomy, these days.

6. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Did you fix that?

8. That is really really sick.

14- Love it. I wonder? Do I fit any of those catagories?

*snicker* The truth, you'll never know and trust me Melissa wound't rat me out.. I know way too much about her!

16- We could travel together! Greece Oh yum and Egypt here we come! Though, let me order would ya? I am concerned about things being cooked. *giggle*

24. OH do you want blogging frequency? I could send the masses too you ( I hope my sarcasm is coming through!)

I think sonic has the best drinks around. and I love their ice. Oh yum.

Bubblegum ice cream with gummy bears? Oh my goodness....

Pink...Lime Green...Silver... I love it. VERY neat.

Green eyes, the both of us, I knew it.

I love that you have a tatty. I might have had one. or might have one too, I can't remember (all those tequila nights) but promise me, you won't show them to the Laurel class? Please/ Don't say, isn't this cool, lets go get matching ones?

*sigh*

I loved this me me, thank you for doing it, you're great!

Laura said...

Lisa--I LOVE it when you torment me!!

1-Maybe since Melissa is expecting, she will not be so obnoxious with her "bright eyes...?"

4-I liked the movie...Will Smith did a great job, and it is truly an amazing story...I just wish it would of been a little more "finished" in the end...I would still recommend it.

6-Yup...but usually it is just a bowl of cereal...You just caught me on an "odd" day!

8-You can order when we go to Greece and Africa...But before then, I WILL have you liking sushi!!

14-No...You would be in the "what characteristics do I ADMIRE in a person" question!

Thanks for commenting!! This fellow "green-eyed and tatted girl" needs to get a jump on bed...Which we BOTH know is a big ol' farse, and that I'll be up at LEAST another hour!!

Night!

Lisa M said...

We are obviously nocturnal. A trait I once cherished and have recently tried to squash.

But it does me no good to fight it.

Mel said...

For the same reason I too didn't get a middle name. I always wanted one.

My fav flower is a daisy too!

Don't hate me but I'm a morning person:)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I feel like I am nocturnal now too! But my late night doesn't start until between 2 and 4 am!

I happen to be listening to KT right now. LOVE HER!

I didn't used to like sushi but now my mouth just waters at the thought!

I can't wear fitted t shirts at the moment. I am trying to get rid of of roll under my boobs. Oh yea, and the one below that one too!

Pearls have always seemed matronly to me too but I love them. They are so classy and elegant

I have to disagree with filet mignon. I am a beef eater all the way and a pig eater and a chicken eater and anything else pretty much that moves and bleeds!

I found Godsmack on my music stuff to down load. To be honest, not my favorite but I love everything else on your list!

I would really like to tag along to Egypt and Greece. Too many great places to see.

I admit I DO like to watch MY kids play baseball. That is the one exception.

There is a little bit of a rebel in you isn't there? I like that. Never be afraid to be different!

Anyway, awesome list! Loved it! I am so glad you are posting more often now. I will do better too!

I sure love you, you sexy girl!